What is love?
It’s a question that has plagued mankind for centuries. And yet, it’s a question that can be answered by a single word:
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re in love. But how do you know for sure? Here are 80 ways to tell if you’re in love.
1. You start talking about your future together and how you want to spend the rest of your life with this person.
2. You think about them all the time, even when they’re nowhere around.
3. You can’t stop thinking about how beautiful they are (inside and out).
4. You find yourself wanting to share everything with them—even if it means embarrassing yourself in front of other people (and maybe even strangers!).
5. You feel like your life has meaning because of them—even if it’s just having coffee together every morning before work!
6. When they hurt, so do you; when they smile, so do yours; when they laugh out loud at something funny on TV, so do yours too! It’s all so connected now.
7. Your heart races every time you think of them or speak to them on the phone.
8. The sound of their voice makes your knees weak and your heart melts away into a puddle of love.
9. You want to tell them how much you love them all the time, but you know you’ll sound like a stalker if you do.
10. You have their face as your lock-screen wallpaper, but they don’t know it yet because they haven’t asked for your number yet and it’s too soon to tell them in person that you have an instinctual need to stare at their face constantly like a creep (but not really).
11. You love the person’s quirks
12. You look for ways to make them happy
13. You want to be with them all the time
14. You don’t mind being with them in public
15. You want to know everything about them
16. You are willing to sacrifice for them
17. You miss them when they aren’t around
18. When something bad happens, you turn to them first
19. The way they smell fills you with joy
20. The way they look at you makes your heart skip a beat
21. You find yourself doing things that you’ve never done before
22. You can’t imagine a day without them
23. You’re constantly making excuses to call or text them
24. You want to show them off to the world
25. You feel like you’re walking on air
26. You start to notice little things about them, even the imperfections, and they become more beautiful than ever
27. You think about them when you’re not with them, and miss them when they’re gone
28. Your favorite place to be is in their arms, even if it means just laying together in silence while one of you holds the other while they sleep
29. The simplest touch from them sends sparks through your body and makes your heart skip a beat
30. When they look at you with those beautiful eyes and smile at you with that perfect smile, it feels like all your dreams have come true at once and nothing else matters except being there for each other forever and always
31. You forget to eat.
32. You feel like singing all the time.
33. You think about them when you’re not with them, and can’t wait to see them again.
34. You laugh at the same things for no reason, and even cry at the same things for no reason.
35. You want to talk, but you don’t want to say anything important because it might ruin the moment that’s happening between you two right now (and sometimes words just aren’t enough).
36. You are so excited to see each other that you can hardly stand it, yet don’t want to see each other because you know it will be over too soon (and sometimes you just want to savor every moment).
37. The most beautiful sight in the world is seeing their face light up with joy when they see you again after being apart for some time (even if it’s only been an hour or two).
38. They make your heart flutter every time they smile at you (and sometimes even when they don’t).
39. Your heart feels like it’s going to burst with happiness when they hold your hand for the first time (and sometimes even when they don’t).
40. You feel like you can’t go on without the other person.
41. You can’t stop thinking about them
42. You feel like you can conquer the world when they’re around
43. You don’t care what they look like, you only care how they make you feel
44. When they’re not around, all you want to do is see them again
45. You find yourself daydreaming about them all the time
46. You start planning for your future together (even though you’ve only been dating for a few months)
47. They are the first person you think of when something good happens (like getting a new job or passing an exam)
48. The sound of their voice makes you smile from ear to ear
49. Your heart skips a beat every time they smile at you or touch your hand during an intimate moment together in public.
50. You start to look for reasons to spend time with them.
51. You feel like you’ve known each other for years, even if it’s only been a few months.
52. You have an amazing time together, even when you’re just hanging out in your pyjamas.
53. You can’t stop thinking about them—even when you’re supposed to be working or studying!
54. You want to show the world that they are yours and yours alone.
55. The thought of being without them makes you want to curl up into a ball and cry yourself to sleep at night (but that’s okay because they’ll be by your side!).
56. They make you feel like an entirely new person who is better than ever before—and that’s not just because of their good looks… or abs… or arms… or eyes… or hair… or voice… or smile (okay, maybe it’s also because of all those things).
57. They make every day seem brighter somehow; even when it’s raining outside you can’t help but feel hopeful and happy because they are there with you.
58. They make you feel like a better person than before by just being in their presence
59. It feels like your heart is going to burst out of your chest when they walk into the room because it’s so full of love for them.
60. You would do anything to make them happy
61. You feel the need to constantly look at them and make sure they’re there.
62. You feel like you’re always on the same wavelength.
63. You can’t stop thinking about them when they’re away from you.
64. You don’t mind that they call you out on your weird habits and make fun of you for them (in a loving way).
65. They are the first person you want to tell when something good happens in your life, and it feels so good to share the news with them!
66. You just can’t get enough of their face, no matter how many times you see it every day!
67. Even though you fight sometimes, it doesn’t matter because there is always an underlying love that keeps bringing you back together again!
68. You love spending time together even when nothing is planned because there is an unspoken connection between the two of you that makes everything better than it would be otherwise!
69. You have a lot of fun doing things together, even if it’s just sitting around watching TV all day long!
70. When you look at each other, your heart skips a beat because they are so handsome/beautiful!
71. You see the good in everyone.
72. You always find yourself smiling for no reason at all.
73. You feel like you’re walking on clouds all day long!
74. You’re constantly thinking about that one person and wondering what they’re doing and how they are.
75. You get butterflies in your stomach whenever you hear their name or see them walk into the room.
76. You can’t stop thinking about them, even when they aren’t around.
77. You can’t stop thinking about them.
78. You feel like you’re in a dream when they’re around.
79. You have butterflies in your stomach when they touch you.
80. They are the first person you think of when something good happens in your life, and the last person on your mind before going to bed at night, because their face is right in front of yours as soon as you close your eyes!